Zoe Kissel is a filmmaker, artist, and musician specializing in
post-production editing, graphic design, and film photography.
Zoe is currently located in East Lansing, Michigan where she is completing her final semester at Michigan State University. She will be graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Media and Information, a concentration in Film and Media Production, and a minor in Documentary Production.
Zoe is the studio director and co-creator of Broken Jaw Studios, a true multi-media production and post-production company, as well as a co-creator of the company's affiliates, Silver Saucer Productions and DIYphonic Sound.
The opportunity to tell a story that post-production presents is her passion in filmmaking. Recently, Zoe has found a new love for old film cameras through analog photography.
Awards and Recognition
• Screened at the 2018 Planet 9 Film Festival, with her film Juice.
• Screened at the 2018 Detroit Shetown Film Festival, with her film Juice.
• Recipient of the 2018 Terry and Tami Inch Scholarship, awarded by the Michigan State University College of Communication Arts & Sciences.
• Screened at the 2018 Traverse City Film Festival, with her film Juice.
• Screened at the 2018 Threadbare Mitten Film Festival, with her film Juice.
• Screened at the 2018 Adrian International Film Festival, with her film Juice.
• Screened at the 2018 Spartan Film Festival and awarded the Audience Favorite Award for her film Juice.
• Recipient of the 2018 Accolade Global Film Competition Award of Merit for Women Filmmakers (Student), awarded for her film Juice.
• Recipient of the 2018 Best Shorts Competition Award of Recognition for Film Short (Student), awarded for her film Juice.
• Recipient of the 2018 IndieFEST Film Awards Award of Recognition for Women Filmmakers (Student), awarded for her film Juice.
• Recipient of the 2018 Impact Docs Awards Award of Recognition for Documentary Short (Student), awarded for her film Composing Our Stories.
• Recipient of the 2017 Accolade Global Film Competition Award of Recognition for Documentary Short (Student), awarded for her film Composing Our Stories.
Other Professional Experience
Software proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Fireworks, as well as Autodesk Maya, DaVinci Resolve, Red Giant Magic Bullet Suite, Red Giant Trapcode Suite, and Avid Media Composer.
Media marketing proficiency in social media advertising platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn.
An understanding of various web development platforms, including Squarespace, WordPress, Weebly, Bandzoogle, and Wix.com.
Dylan Kissel • www.dylankissel.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
Broken Jaw Studios • www.brokenjawstudios.com • email@example.com
Silver Saucer Productions • firstname.lastname@example.org
DIYphonic Sound • email@example.com
Sidewatcher • www.sidewatcher.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
The Painted Dogs • email@example.com
I had scouted this location a week before our shoot, right as the weather began to change. My fingers were crossed… https://t.co/RoplHPE8vX
I just love how the colors turned out in this photo. Portra, you did it again 👏👏👏 📷: Minolta X-700 (from 1981) 🎞️:… https://t.co/Bcbtqr8bqp
I wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen with shots into the sun like these but I was pleasantly surprised w… https://t.co/SUACkAdHTx