We just released our newest album "Drive" on Play-Yah Records!
If you haven't already heard our new album, you gotta check it out. Recorded and produced by Zak Mouton at Route 2 Recording Studios in Los Angeles, CA and made with DIYphonic Sound, this 7 track album is a mix of Detroit's raw garage kick and the West Coast's surf vibes. The title track and first single off the album, "Drive", is a punkie song that sets the stage for the rest of the album. We have two instrumentals on the album, "Raw-Hide" and "Wipe Out", that blend with the rest of the music to keep your foot tapping.
Track 7 on the album is our "Album Credits" - spoken word liner notes. I talk a bit about each song on the album and the story behind the song choice.
- I wanted to write a sexy song about cars, a track to cruise the open road with. Windows down, radio on. Drive the coast, rob a bank or two, just as long as you're not alone.
2. Surf Hell
- Very cool song I found while playing a video game. I love the bass and drums in this recording.
3. Alien Love Affair
- This is a song about my alien boyfriend. Our second date was the frozen food isle. His ray gun comes in handy with those TV dinners.
- Link Wray. I love this jam. One of my favorites.
5. California Strawberries
- Cali is a song about that guy you run into 7 years later. He never called you back. The only thing that changed is his shirt. Forget that guy.
6. Wipe Out
- Recording Wipe Out while in California... How could we resist? The Surfaris made history with this single in 1963. Their version has a sound imitating a cracking surfboard at the beginning. We have analog spring reverb emulating the crashing surf. Listen closely.
7. Album Credits
Our digital download of "Drive" is included with bonus items: Original Studio/Liner Notes and a 3 Page Zine.
Listen & Support here: https://sidewatcher.bandcamp.com/album/drive
With the release of the album, we have also shared our official music video for "Drive". A DIYphonic Production, we filmed the video at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk in California. This was such a fun video to shoot and edit. We used a GoPro HERO4 Silver to shoot the video and Adobe Premiere Pro to edit it.
Check it out!
We are also finishing up the final edits on a NEW short film/music video to be released this week! Stay tuned for the invasion... It's about my alien boyfriend.
While you're at it, give these awesome reviews a quick read, share, & support writers everywhere.
Pure Nowhere Magazine, San Diego, CA
Give it a listen, give it a share, spread the love!